About this seminar:
This is a platform for discussion and presentation of seminars among enthusiasts in Mathematical Physics. The idea is to "dig in" the beautiful Mathematics behind Physics in order to fully understand the anatomy and structure of Theoretical Physics. The meetings will be held once or twice a month during the academic year. The only restriction is that the duration of the seminars is between 20 and 60 min and that the presenter of the seminar is really passionate about the topic that he/she presents.
Topics of interest:
Mathematics behind Physics:
- Differential Geometry and its applications
- Mathematical structure of QM & QFT (func. analy., spec. theorem, SAE, a more rigorous understanding of Path Integrals)
- Geometry & Topology of Gauge theories
- Algebraic formulation of Differential Geometry and Gauge theory
- Mathematical structures behind Feynman integrals(period & motives)
- Generalized Geometry, Higher Spin Theory, Generalized Gauge Theory
- (Generalized) Symmetry, Lie & Hopf algebra/algebroid, Courant algebroid, \(L_\infty\) algebra
- Electric-Magnetic duality and beyond
- GUT (tensor and spinor representations)
- Asymptotic symmetries and soft theorems
- Application of Differential & Algebraic Topology in Physics, index theorems
- Noncommutative & Nonassociative Geometry
- Mathematical physics (in a broad sense)
Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory:
- Foundations of QM & QFT
- Quantization with constraints (Dirac, BRST, BV-formalism)
- Renormalization (Wilson, Epstein-Glaser, Algebraic,...)
- Axiomatic-, Algebraic-, Constructive- QFT
- CFT, AdS/CFT
- String theory (general, p-adic, Wess-Zumino-Witten model, strings on group manifold)
- Problem of quantization (deformation, geometric,...)
Gravity & Cosmology:
- GR and beyond
- SM of Cosmology and beyond
- Energy conditions, singularity theorems, no-hair theorems, causality,...
- Black hole information paradox
- BH entropy, entanglement entropy, holography, heat kernel methods,...
- Quasinormal modes
Higher spin theory and \(L_\infty\) algebra
Tuesday, 16 June 2020, 11:15
Quantum Foundations III: Decoherence
Thursday, 30 April 2020, 11:15
Tuesday, 7 April 2020, New date will be announced!
Generalised Global Symmetries and 't Hooft Anomalies II
Wednesday, 1 April 2020, New date will be announced!
\(L_\infty\) algebras II: Examples
Clay James Grewcoe
Thursday, 26 March 2020, Dates will be changed due to corona!
Generalised Global Symmetries and 't Hooft Anomalies
Tuesday, 3 March 2020, 11:15
Quantum Foundations II: Three no-go theorems
Tuesday, 11 February 2020, 11:15
\(L_\infty\) algebras I: Introduction
Thursday, 30 January 2020, 11:15
Tuesday, 17 December 2019, 12:00
Quantum Foundations I: What is it all about & (why) should mathematical physicists care?
Tuesday, 19 November 2019, 11:15
Weyl Curvature Hypothesis
Thursday, 14 November 2019, 11:15
Open problems in mathematical physics
Thursday, 17 October 2019, 11:15